Sunday, April 8, 2012

Book Review: The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker


The Liar Society

Lisa & Laura Roecker


Publication Date: March 1st 2011

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Pages: 368

Genre: Young Adult, Mystery

Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace's death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school--secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder. 

Winner of one of the most frustrating endings ever award, not because it's bad, it's quite a good ending, just very frustrating and now I have no choice but to pick up the next one. Darn you, Roecker sisters, darn you…


When I first started reading this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to take the time to review it afterwards, not because it was bad in any way, but because it wasn't quite my normal type of book and it wasn't leaving a lasting impression, but the ending was enough to make me react (as you can read above) so I decided that it deserves a review afterall.

This book is mostly a fluff young adult mystery read. I enjoyed reading it, though didn't find the characters all that well developed, especially the non main characters. They had a tendency to be flat, one note: the queen bee, the social climber, the bad boy, the nerd, the parents never there, etc. But about halfway through things started gripping me more and I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know the answers the mystery and I was starting to get the impression that there might not be anything Kate could do in end, but I wanted her to conquer so badly.





It's not the greatest book in the world, but definitely not the worst. The writing is not bad, nor the plot, though the characters come out a bit flat. I have one big recommendation however, if you like the Nickelodeon series "House of Anubis" you will like this book, and if you like this book you will probably love "House of Anubis" (I do warn you it is a guilty pleasure love, no fancy super awesome series or anything). They are both conspiracy related and finding out the secrets of a school is just way too fun in my opinion.


3 Bookmarks



0 comments:

Post a Comment