Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Enchanted


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:

Enchanted

Alethea Kontis


Expected Publication Date: May 8th 2012


It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past - and hers?


Why
Me, obsessed with fairytale adaptations? Never! ... Anyway the plot sounds interesting, a bit of the frog prince,a bit of forbidden love and the joy of sisters named for the days of the week, which is oddly enough a thing I adore. Also I read a quote where Sunday is the 7th daughter of a 7th daughter which is a fun superstition I enjoy in fantasies (Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede also has that.)

12 comments:

Chey said...

Great choice! I believe I'll be reading this one next, so I'm pretty excited. :)

thepamjelly said...

I've been seeing this in a lot of blogs lately. It sounds very interesting. Great pick. :)

Pam | jelly loves books

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this before so thanks for sharing! When I was younger the frog prince was one of my favourite books to read :)

My WoW

Farah said...

Eeeeppp!!! ENchanted!!! The cover is just gorgeous. Awesome pick!=D

Drop by my WoW?

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books said...

What a fun adaptation to take on in a book! Definitely can't wait to see how this Prince plans to woo her and what secrets are hiding. Great pick!

My WoW | Giveaway

Unknown said...

All these fairytale adaptians are coming at the right time for me! Haha. I love this idea. It sounds so amazing. Fantastic pick!

My WOW

P.S Isn't that the same model from the cover of Gwen Hayes novel? The sequel to Falling Under?

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Love the cover and blurb! Sounds very tempting....

Here's MY WOW POST

Unknown said...

I'm guessing this is some sort of retelling of Princess and the Frog, right? :D Anyway, I love the story and the cover. Great choice!

Aleksandra and her WoW

Majanka said...

That cover is GORGEOUS. I love fairy tale retellings as well, so I'll have to check this one out! :) Great pick!

Check out my WOW post.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Everytime I see this book, I go all 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH' in my head :') I don't know, but this book makes me so happy, haha. I like the cover and the synopsis sounds so so wonderful. I think I'm already in love with this book. Fairytales and retellings, never get boring <3 And it's about The Frog Prince, woehoe. You don't have so many retellings about that one.

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-11-lara-avery.html

Anonymous said...

A pretty cover, nice choice.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Great choice! Love the cover!!! I've been seeing this one around a lot lately. Sounds awesome!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My WoW

Post a Comment