Thursday, July 3, 2014

Feature & Follow: Favourite Picture Books



Question of the Week: What are some of your favorite picture books - either current ones or ones from your childhood?




Woo! Favourite Picture books. I loved books when I was really young as well, so I can still remember my favourites. And now that I am teaching Kindergarten and Elementary School in Japan, I am looking through books again that I can use in the classroom to help teach English.

I got two. The first is The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
I remember asking my mom to read me this book again and again and again. When looking for the book cover photo I learned it was originally published in 1942 which is amazing. The illustrations are beautiful and when a parent reads it to you as a child it makes you feel loved. It's message is simple and sweet and ages well.

My other favourite book should be rather obvious in a way. Any child named Sam was read this book over and over again:


My father would call me Sam-I-Am and in fact still does sometimes to this day. As an adult I've grown to appreciate the message of this book as well. The simple one. The one about how sometimes you need to try something even if it looks disgusting before deciding if you like it or not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves Dr. Seuss! My niece loves any Dr. Seuss she can get her hands on. Great picks this week.
My FF
New follower via bloglovin

Unknown said...

I love Dr. Seuss too!
MY FF
christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

Juli Rahel said...

The Runaway Bunny looks adorable! It reminds me of the Watership Down cartoon I used to watch when I was young! I think I might be the only one today who was scared of Dr. Seuss as a kid! I'm an old GFC and new Bloglovin' follower! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Jazmen said...

I'm not sure that I've ever read The Runaway Bunny but I definitely read Green, Eggs, and Ham. Classic kid lit'
Following you on Bloglovin :)
Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

Kristen said...

Green Eggs and Ham is a pretty popular choice. I love it too.
Happy Friday!
Kelsey @OCA

Tracy said...

I loved Green Eggs and Ham and I've seen it around a lot today! New follower via Bloglovin :)

Here's my F&F!

KatCho said...

Ooh, I haven't heard of Runaway Bunny, but I have a little cousin who I am buying picture books for, so I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing.

New GFC follower

Kat @ Books Are Bread

Post a Comment